Sunday, September 25, 2005

Growing out



I noticed something in my shoulder. It looked like a lump. I didn't even bother to try to find out what it was. I thought, as usual, that It would just go away.


Throughout the week it started to get big. I finally got scared by it, so I made an appointment with the doctor, who seemed to be as puzzled as I was by the thing .


The minute he started ordering tests and building up the bill, I decided I wasn't going to stay around only to later find out that "it was nothing", surely right after my last cent had left my account.


So, over the night, it grew. When I woke up it had transformed in something that looked very much like a head... a human head... actually, MY head.


I got so spooked by the discovery I screamed all my lungs out... and my screams woke up the head (it seems it was sleeping when I woke up). As soon as it saw me, it started to scream as well, so, for a while, the chorus we became made the alley cat's nightly concerts sound like voices of angels.


But that's besides the point... The fact is that, when I looked at myself in the mirror, it was me the one on the shoulder and the other head was in my neck... needless to say, the only logical explanation is that I was the lump and that head was  actually me...


I've always been a somewhat reasonable man... Ok, maybe he was... but I'm him...or... I really don't know what the hell I'm saying anymore... but, I diverging again, the point is that, If I was in his place, I know I'd cut my second head off... I can understand that. But in spite of that, being ME the additional head, my view is now somewhat different: I don't want to be cut off.


And since you may be wondering: Yes, I could think of all that while we were still screaming our lungs out.


After we finished, he said, as I feared: "I'm sorry but I'm not living with you up there".


I pleaded, begged, cried and urged him not to do that, but he was determined, and since I had lost control of every single part of the body as soon as he woke up, I couldn't do anything to prevent my death.


Of course, he called the Doc to ask him for an operation, the guy laughed, gave him (us?) an appointment - but not for another three days - and hung up. I could hear his laughter while he was hanging up (well, my ear is about an inch away of his, so I could hear pretty well what they were talking about).


 So we spent the whole day inside the house. He called in sick and just sat in front of the TV. Didn't even thought of talking to me...I tried to put some sense into him, trying to talk him out of killing me. But nothing. He wasn't listening.


Finally, he went to sleep. It was the moment. I ran out to the drugstore and asked for some sleeping pills. They were so freaked out the second head thing that they didn't even ask for a prescription. I was tired and I was falling asleep too, so I got back home, mixed the sleeping pills with every single thing inside the fridge and went to bed.


The second day we woke up... Now he wouldn't even let me use the toothbrush, so my mouth smells worse than his feet (ok, my feet, whatever). Just a few minutes after breakfast I'm in control of my body.


I wasn't going to wait, I mean, I know he is right and all, after all, it is his body and I'm the invader, but I'm not dying for him, no sir, I'm taking him out.


I went to the store, bought an axe (you wouldn't believe the face of the people there, they looked so stupid!) and tried to cut the head off. Right in there,. As I said, I wasn't going to wait.


Well... turns out that you shouldn't try to wave an axe near your face when you don't know how to use it. I chopped half my... - how should I call this thing I have that attaches my head to my (or his) shoulder? -  well... I chopped half of that along with  only part of his neck.. I'm screwed. He woke up and now he's going to finish me, I'm sur...


 


What is this?...


 


Something... is coming out of my nipple.


 


What...?


 


Oh, my God, I've got an arm. An arm of my own. And it works, too.


 


Well, I'm fighting him with his two arms for the axe. He is still a bit dizzy for the pills, but he can still fight. 


 


I'm starting to feel weak... Something... is wrong.


 


The blood... the pool of blood which we're standing. That's our own blood.


 


I'm fainting.


 


Ups!


 


I overhear the doctors talking - they took us to a hospital after we fainted for the blood loss - they are thinking of a way to cut me off.


I also noticed I have now a leg. It grows right out of his butt, so he smudges it  (you know with what) every time he goes to the restroom... which is not exactly an easy task, either.


But that gives me an edge: I can ask them to wait for a few days, see if I get to grow a whole body, and then they can try to separate us without killing me.


 


...


 


...


 


...


Only took a week... I'm complete. The problem is that I don't look human... one of my arms comes out of his left nipple, the other from his belly button, the legs are one below his spine and the other from his other shoulder... and my torso grows out of his leg... I'm a mess... and they still want to cut me out!


The other problem is that I no longer control his body, not even when he falls asleep... I can only use mine and its parts are in such disposition that it is worthless.


I'd hire a lawyer to sue him, but the bank says I'm technically his twin, so I have no control over the accounts. I have no credit either... everything is on his name... and he changed the PIN on every card while I was sleeping.


 


They are going to kill me!


 


Help! I'm in the hospital trying to explain that I don't want to... What was that?


It felt like a little prick.


 


I'm feeling sleepy...


 


Ouch!


No comments: